Sunday, November 6, 2011

Chapter 3: Where am I?

Wolfrock woke in a field, but it seemed almost unreal. There were plenty of deer and rabbits to hunt. She didn't understand. This wasn't the meadows she had been shot in. "Hi, pup!" a black-and-white wolf said.
"Who are you? What is this place?" Wolfrock said grouchily.
"I'm GreatShot! This is a reserve, so the humans can't kill us, as long as we stay on this side of the river. I'm not surprised they dumped you here. They always put pups who don't have a mother here. Do you want to meet the other wolves?"
"S-Sure." Wolfrock said.
They walked on the field. GreatShot pounced on a rabbit on the way. "It's best to bring something to them." She said around it. Wolfrock looked at its limp body, and reminded her of the phantoms. She shuddered.
"Are you okay?" GreatShot.
"Yeah, fine."
GreatShot stopped. "This is the small river. We can cross here and still be on the reserve. I'll show you how to get across. You probably don't know how to swim." GreatShot jumped on some stepping stones, being careful for each step. Her long body looked small when she was on the rocks. It was as if she was an inchworm. "Your turn!"
Wolfrock stepped on one of the stones, trying desperately to copy GreatShot. "Good job, pup!" Almost as soon as GreatShot said that, Wolfrock fell in. GreatShot jumped in and dragged Wolfrock onto shore. "You should be more careful. Follow me, now." In almost no time, Wolfrock followed GreatShot into a bramble bush and was surrounded by a myriad of wolves. "Greetings, GreatShot. And who is this?"
"I'm Wolfrock."
"Of course. I'm Darkstreak."
"Over there is Blackear, and there's Flame." GreatShot said, pointing to a large black dog and another large, but orange colored, dog. "Flame is our alpha. Blackear is an omega. I'm the beta around here, even though I'm a she-wolf. Here, we only have one of each."
"Don't they have mates?" Wolfrock asked.
"Some do. Flame does. That's Dawn, his mate, and their daughter Fire. She's about your age." GreatShot said. "Over there is Duchess. Her rank is just after mine."
"Hi, GreatShot!" a small pup came over. "Who's she?"
"This is Wolfrock. Wolfrock, this is Fire. How old are you?"
"Twelve moons." Wolfrock stated formally.
"Fire is just a moon under you. Both of you are nearly full size, but you're still pups. Would you like to join on a hunt?"
"Yes!" Wolfrock said excitedly.
GreatShot nodded acknowledging her choice. A light brown wolf came over. "How are you, Canyonwolfy?"
"Good. You?"
"Fine, thank you."
Wolfrock didn't feel like listening to their conversation. It would probably about hunting, and she didn't want to hear about that right now. She wanted to do something fun, like her little brothers and sisters would do. Silently, she stalked out into the brambles and went over to the stream. Here, she'd learn how to swim.
Author's Note:
Sorry about how it's mostly conversation. I was trying to fit all the characters in. Also, just to clear things up, the name for a male wolf is "dog", just like for, well, a dog:D Also, two more stories are going to be on the pages, along with Waterway, one of which is about wolves, and the other fanfic: Darkness Buries Us(Original story)and Snowfall's Mistake (Warriors Fanfic). 

5 comments:

  1. Yay!! I am in the story! Thanks Wolfrock12!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous
    I couldn't fit everyone in there, and I don't believe there was a Moonclaws. The only person I actually don't think I didn't includes was Snickety Ninja. I'm sorry, but I looked at all the comments and there wasn't a Moonclaws. To sign-up, you need to fill out a form:)
    Sorry, but once I get the form, I'll be sure to include her:)
    I'm guessing you're ekoorb because she owns a character named Princess Moonclaws, a.k.a. Moonclaws:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! CHAPTER 3!!!! IVE BEEN CHECKING EVERY DAY 4 THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dying 4 more

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will you put me on the list of characters?

    ReplyDelete

Stay on-topic to the chapter or post. Rules:
1. No spam.
2. No swearing.
3. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all!