Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Chapter Eight: Journey To The River

Wolfrock ran out into the field alone. Even though she was very worried that something could attack her, she remained calm.
Wolfrock sniffed the air for the sweet mice scent GreatShot had taught her. She could smell a mouse under a rock. She got into the attacking position and jumped onto the mouse, pushing it down. She threw the mouse into the air, and then pounced on it again, clawing it and taking it's life.
Dawn, Wolfrock thought, I know we need to stop the pack from stopping the river monster, but I can't think of how.
Suddenly, a voice came into her head. "Wolfrock, I will always be with you in hard times like these. Don't think I am going to let you do this on your own." Wolfrock recognized the voice as Dawn's.
"Wolfrock, I will help you too. No pup of mine will struggle." This voice was Wolfrock's mother's.
"But you guys are dead, how can you help?" Wolfrock asked aloud. "I certainly need help from the other wolves to get there! Smoke, Darkstreak, Blackear and Flame are probably already there!"
"No, Wolfrock, they are not yet. They are facing many obstacles. Get back to GreatShot and Fire. Tell them you must cancel training. Tell them about your dream, and run out there before those four are already out there," Wolfrock's mother told her.
Picking up the mouse, Wolfrock ran to GreatShot and Fire.
"One mouse? That's all? You're not a good hunter after all!" Fire smirked.
Wolfrock ignored her and could tell she was still angry that Dawn was gone. "We need to stop the others from attacking the river monster. Dawn told me in the dream I had that it was impossible!"
"She told YOU? Why would she? I'm her pup, not you! I don't see why she couldn't have came to me." Fire complained.
"You should be lucky Dawn told anyone at all!" GreatShot snarled, then turned to Wolfrock. "Surely the others are at the river already?"
"I was told they had to face many obstacles and aren't there yet," Wolfrock explained. "We need to stop them now!"
"You can leave me out," Fire growled, "I am not going with this sorry excuse of a pup! It's her fault mother is dead. And I say they should let the river monster die. I want revenge!"
"You are going, Fire," GreatShot growled. "And make yourself useful. Don't be so grouchy!"
Wolfrock felt relief that her tormentor wouldn't be insulting her for a while now, since GreatShot told her off. "Follow me!"
Wolfrock went out, followed by GreatShot and lastly, Fire. Wolfrock kept looking over her shoulder, and saw Fire constantly giving cold stares.
When they were half-way there, Wolfrock saw a lot of fallen trees and gasped.
"We tried stopping them," Came Dawn's voice into Wolfrock's head, "But they just kept going!"

5 comments:

  1. MOOOOOORE PLEEEEEEEEASSE I AM DYING FOR MORE!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Wolfrock but you eep saying that canonwolfy is a male wolf. Canyonwolfy is a female, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow awesome chapter- i keep think i can add on, but never do because i want to find out the rest of the story first! :D

    ReplyDelete

Stay on-topic to the chapter or post. Rules:
1. No spam.
2. No swearing.
3. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all!